[rescue] KVM extenders

James james at jdfogg.com
Tue May 13 06:02:35 CDT 2003

Belkin manufactures electronic trinkets, mostly. The blister-pack kind of
accessories you find in the corner of a stereo/tv shop. I think they also
manufacture wire.

Every Belkin Omni-View my company bought (few dozen of an older model plain
KVM's) have failed. Most have hard-to-define video not-rightness about them
(weird fuzzies and ghosts). Some just turned into bricks.

Maybe they've improved, but I wouldn't go near them again.

The Black Box Serv-Switch we've had very good luck with.

ction_Id=1539&pcount=&Product_Id=87618

It's somewhat price related to other manufacturers, but Belkin seems to
make good products.
Has anyone had any experience in this area? Is Belkin A Good Brand(tm)?

We have Cat6 TP outlets and cables professionaly done in our new
facility, so cable quality shouldn't be all that bad.

/Bjorn