[rescue] Another VAX question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon May 12 23:49:25 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 12:44 AM, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
> All of the recent VAX posts have inspired me. I've got access to the
> following systems and storage options through a local computer
> graveyard.
> Unfortunately I know absolutely _nothing_ about VAX systems. Are any of
> these worth making an effort to rescue? Most of them seem reasonably
> complete to my untrained eye.
>
> MicroVAX 3100 20E / DV-31ETA-A
> MicroVAX 3100 40 / 450ZM-B9
> MicroVAX 3100 80 / 450ZM-B9
> MicroVAX 3100 85 / 46ZBM-B9
> MicroVAX 3100 90 / 47ZBM-B9
> VAX 4000 100A / 47DBM-B9
> VAX 4000-200
> VAX 4000-300
> VAX 4000-300
> VAX 4000-300
> VAX 4000-500
> VAX 7610
> VAX B400x
> VAX B400x
> VAX BA440
> VAX BA440
> VAX R400x
> VAX Server 3100 / DV-31DSA-A
> VAX Station 3100 / VS42A-BA
> VAX Station 3100 / VS42A-CC
> VAX Station 3100 M38 / WS42A-DA
> VAX Station 4000 60 / VS46K-AB
> VAX Station 4000 60 / VS46K-AC
> VAX Station 4000 60 / VS46K-AD
> VAX Station 4000 90 / VS49K-AA
> VAX Station 4000 90 / VS49K-CA
> VAX Station 4000 VLC/ VS48K-AA

   Jeeeeeeeezus.

   The 3100-85, 3100-90, 7610, 4000-100A, and 4000-90 are worth serious
bucks, even on eBay.  The VLC is the tiniest (*really* tiny).  If you
can possibly do it, I'd suggest rescuing them all.  Many of the
machines listed above are pizzabox machines and won't take up much
space.  The R400x chassis are DSSI drive chassis...They're not worth
much, but the drives that may be in them are.  DSSI drives are becoming
difficult to find outside of the vendors.

   If you absolutely cannot pick up all or most of them, at least grab
the ones I mentioned above.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "Why would a brothel need
St. Petersburg, FL            a streaming media server?"      -Kevin