[rescue] IBM NAS200 info?

Rip Loomis rip at flagon.com
Mon May 12 23:21:52 CDT 2003

On a lark, I rescued (okay, bought on eBay) an IBM NAS200 box.
It's based on an x86 chassis (I hear a boo hiss from the peanut gallery)
with onboard U160 SCSI (yeah) and other decent hardware.  For an OS it
would prefer to run Win2K Server/Advanced Server (yeah, I know...) plus
some IBM extensions...including 250 snapshots/waypoints of the disk
contents like a NetApp provides.  One minor detail is that
it will be coming without any associated software/licensing.

IBM has decent docs online, and I'm confident that I can at least
get this beast up-and-running under Win2K or Linux...but does anyone
have any experience with these beasts and/or info on the licensing?
I'd really love to make this a real NAS box.  Thanks--

 --
Rip Loomis     -=-    CISSP   -=-    Sun Certified Security Administrator
Brainbench.com MVP for Internet Security  -=-  http://www.brainbench.com/