[rescue] IRIX 6.5.3 install problems

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Sat May 10 14:33:55 CDT 2003

Well, I found a drive sled for my Indigo2 and hooked up a Seagate 2gb to
it. I'm running from a serial console since I still haven't gotten a
working SOG monitor. I found a web site that told me how to setup the
root drive by booting /stand/fx.64 from the Install tools cd and that
worked fine. I got all the disks read in and they all installed fine up
until I got back to Install Tools/Overlays 1 when I got a huge pile of
crc errors on the install. These files of course are kernel .a files and
so a kernel will not link at the end of the install...

I would presume this is not a good thing ;'p

The Freeware 99 disk does the same thing I have found after a few
various attempts.

Does anyone in the Madison, WI area have this version that I could use
to get my machine up? Or sell?

Thanks again,

William
relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
Feynman's Appendix to the Rogers Commission Report.