[rescue] Printers

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Fri May 9 17:37:32 CDT 2003

I need to do something about the printing situation around here.  A
ribbon-eating dot-matrix printer and a USB-on-Windows-only inkjet unit do
not for happiness make.

Is there any way to make a non-power-saving laser printer (specifically a
Panasonic KX-P4420) get with the Energy Star program and curb its appetite??
The printer works fine, but its either on or off, and when it's on, it's so
power hungry that it dims the room lights when its heater is on.  Even my
3500 Watt espresso machine doesn't do that.

Failing that ... what's a good PostScript-capable, power-saving,
network-attachable laser printer, and does anyone around Seattle have one of
which he wishes to be rid?

Thanks.

-Shel
--