[rescue] colo again

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Thu May 8 15:56:31 CDT 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 12:05:38PM -0700, Koyote wrote:
> Well, I'm moving. to falls church or thereabouts.
>
> I'm looking for temporary or permanent colo options in the area,
> wondering if anyone has any good suggestions.
>
> I'd prefer to do by 'unit' over per U- since my server is an ultra1 with
> a pair of external 5/25inch full hieght drives.

Time to upgrade to a thinner machine. :)

Netra T1 105 will match or beat the U1 probably, in 1U of space.
If I could both find a sub-$100 colo site with console access and
a few IP addresses, and get off my arse to get the machine off to
the site, I'd put mine in colo so I could more easily dump DSL and
save more money. 360MHZ, 512MB, 2x36GB. Yum.

As it stands I'm probably going to set up a virtual server with
johncompanies and split it among my users. If anyone wants some
$10/mo hosting goodness (dns/mail/web/shell) bug me offlist.

--Rob