[rescue] Identifying Alphastation 250 graphics card

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon May 5 03:06:25 CDT 2003

On 2003.05.02 20:24 Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> I have a PCI video card (or should I say "cards" as it is two cards
> connected together) for an Alphastation 250.
>
> The cards seem to have KA541 and KA542 at the beginning of their
> (part?) numbers.
>
> There are lots of chips on these two cards.
PIX?

> Can anyone tell me what this card set is ?
> I'm assuming since it is genuine DEC
Maybe. DEC soled Intergraph graphic cards with Alpha systems as well as
self designed boards like the TGAs.

> that OpenVMS and Digital UNIX supports it,
Depends on the version. I have a card similar to your that is only
sopported by Tru64 4.x and VMS ?.?. (My card has different part
numbers.)

> anyidea if Open/NetBSD or Linux support it
NetBSD supports the TGA cards.

> Any idea what kind of video performance this beast has compared to
> say a 4MB S3 PCI video card or a 4MB Matrox PCI video card (G400 ?) ?
This card is most likely a special 3D machine. So it may be reasonible
fast, faster then a S3 or Matrox, for this purpose.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen