[rescue] Cheap Ultra 2 base chassis

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 20:29:10 CDT 2003

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20328&item=3021344566

> Even with the $30 delivery fee that is still a heck of a deal.

I beat that today at TCF - I got an Ultra 2 base, w/CD, floppy, and 2
Gig HD for $15 - no S/H!

I also got some low-cost cables ($2 DB9/DB25 to DB9/DB25 null modm
cable, 5x 15' Cat5e for $1/ea, 5x 25' Cat5e for $1/ea, 16 Meg Parity 72
Pin SIMMs for $4/ea, a $30 15/30 Gig DLT drive in external case, and a
$25 Indigo^2, incl. 2x drives on sleds, and a yellow NaxImpact logo on
the green case.

I also got a sweet Rack for $150 - the price was a bit high, but it
included 4x sliding shelves, 2 with locks to hold them in place. My
E250 has a new home, as well as my F330 filer, and an Ultra 2 or two
;^)

I could have gotten the U2 base for $10, but it was from a friend (the
fellows from Obsolyte.com), so I offered $15, still less than the $20
asked for.

I've got to get a few CPUs for this machine - anyone got spares
(anything will do, like 200 MHz units...

Pictures will come soon...

=====
Lionel