[rescue] VAXStation 4000/90 Manuals

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri May 2 18:02:57 CDT 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 01:48:01PM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > Righted it, put it on the truck, unloaded it across town, plugged
> > everything in, and it all fired right up.
> (I assume you changed your pants first, right? ;^)

Well, it wasnt a full-speed "fall", more like a "oh FUCK ITS TIPPING OVER
EVERYBODY GET BACK".

Landed on the foot of the guy who owns the ISP where my machines are
colocated.  This was actually "my" rack - but the machines in it belong
to a friend (I manage them for him).  "my" stuff was already safely in
the back of my Kia Sportage. 8-)

I drove CHad (owner of onr.com) to the closest hospital, where they
determined that his foot wasnt broken (luckily).  Then, I drove across
town (the other guys had loaded up my rack after righting it in the
meantime), and finished setting up the equipment.

It knocked the bezels off the E250s, but that was the only problem - and
they just popped right back on.

It was this rack, minus the bottom two E250s:

http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/rack.jpg

if you notice the logo on it at top-left - this is a Sun-3-era SOLID STEEL
rack. 8-)

I should go take pictures at the new facility this weekend...

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net