[rescue] Vesa Local Bus video cards

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Mar 31 20:15:20 CST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:08:52 -0800 (PST), Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez
<lefa at ucsc.edu> wrote:

> I think EISA came before VLB, VLB was never inteded to replace EISA, in
> fact I have seen EISA/VLB motherboards. It was just a way of having a fast
> pipe to graphics boards, since both EISA and ISA could choke with some of
> the datarates needed for full resolution 24bit imaginery. Think of the VLB
> as the yesteryear's AGP. I think the only other boards that I have seen
> employin the VLB standard were SCSI adapters....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3408935186&category=3666
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3410408234&category=39967

There were a few more, but you get the idea.

---
If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.