[rescue] Crimson update: Hmm

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Mar 31 19:24:18 CST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:56:31 -0500, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
wrote:

> > Excuse me... are you trying to be PRACTICAL?
> >
> > I think you want to be on the other side of this thread.
>
>    Nah, man...I generally stick to air-cooled machines. ;)

Heh. Yeah, me too. I've even been trying to eschew fans in my firewall and
the mail server I'm trying to set up. The Pentium 200 works fine with just
a heat sink, but unfortunately the Cyrix 133 cooks without a fan. :(

But I'm able to run the power supplies with the fans taken out. So even the
CPU with a fan shouldn't have a real dust problem.

I think the Cyrix is a 6x86, that may explain why it's running so much
hotter than the Pentium.

---
Be a better psychiatrist and the world will beat a psychopath to your door.