[rescue] Crimson update: Hmm

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Mar 31 11:19:54 CST 2003

It does work today.... it looks like the reset-breaker button is a
thermal switch of some kind which means the P/S simply overheated... I
tried the machine again 15 minutes later and no dice... just for the
heck of it I tried today and it is up... so I'm wondering how to
prevent this from happening again... I've opened the windows to get a
good cold breeze in here but this hasn't happened before even in hotter
conditions.  The old Power Series PS is also really robust unlike the
original Crimson PS... in other words the fans in it are always
running... even when the machine is off... unless you flip the back
switch near the plug... and then they run for about 10 seconds before
shutting off.

Andrew