[rescue] Ultra SPARC purchase

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 21:16:01 CST 2003

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> Yes, but 80G of drive on an U2 is more expensive than what I paid for

> the U5 *and* its 80G drive. 8-)
>
> For what this single machine does, it doesent *need* SCSI.

Point taken.

I was thinking more of desktop applications, not server-oriented uses -
even though you were clearly talking about a server installation.

Yes, 80 Gig IDE is much less than 80 Gig SCSI. I have seen 18 Gig
Unipacks sell for $35-40/each incl. cable, string 5 or 6 together and
you have 80 Gig SCSI for under $250 - spread across multiple spindles,
just the way the storage gods like it ;^) (of course, S/H additional)

=====
Lionel