[rescue] Looking for info - Unisys LX5220/LX5320 (clearpath) servers

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Mar 30 16:33:12 CST 2003

Oops - it looks like I got that totally backwards. The MCP/AS OS actually
runs on top of Windows NT and provides binary compatiblity for the
Clearpath applications. No virtualisation here.

In other words these systems are just a bunch of three year old NT servers
with expensive dongles and 36 track tape drives :-/

Regards,

Gavin

Hi Lads

I'm looking for information about the Unisys LX5220 & LX5320 platforms. I'm
not a Unisys expert, but as far as I can tell they are dual processor Intel
based servers that runs a virtualised instance of Windows NT server on top
of the Unisys Master Control Program/Advanced System (MCP/AS) operating
system. I hesitate to call them mainframes, but in a conceptual sense they
are.

Does anybody have any information or documentation relating to these
machines? The context is that a Govt. dept. is scrapping their old systems
and I'm trying to extablish whether they are worth saving. I'll be
competing against people who want to recycle the components, so I won't be
getting them for free.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Gavin Hubbard