[rescue] mozilla q

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sun Mar 30 14:24:29 CST 2003

I know this isn't hardware related... but it is rescue related (as in
rescuing my sanity :-) ).

I'm sick to death of not being able to have a reliable browser.  As it
stands I run the Opera beta for Solaris for some stuff and Moxilla for
other stuff.

I have been unable to get anything newere than Mozilla 1.1 running on
my Ultra 60 (running Solaris 8).

I downloaded 1.3, but as with other releases, you run it, and it does
nothing.... no core, no error, no message, no warning.... nothing.

the mozilla-bin binary is exiting with value 1 after a EAGAIN ERROR on
file handle 3 (which I beileve was created with a pipe() call).

Surely there must be a version of Mozilla (or anything at this point)
that will run.  I'm sick of having such a stable computer, with
every app working nice except for a web browser.

I hate to say it, but this issue make IE on a PC look more attractive
every day (I have a friend who is a Linux and Unix die hard, and his main
surfing station is IE on a PC because nothing else will either work with
all the sites or be stable (or both)).

I'm using the GTK from Sun's "freeware" CD that comes with Solaris
(installed in /opt/sfw/lib).

Hoping someone out there can shed some light on this... I simply don't
have the patience to deal with it... surfing would be much less stressfull
if I simply used my PC.... and I get closer to that point ever day.

Why every Unix web browser I've ever worked with sucks I don't know.

-- Curt