[rescue] Re: CycleQuad for trade

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Mar 30 11:46:49 CST 2003

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 12:12:54PM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> So essentially, the CycleQuad is a U2-compatible motherboard that can
> take up to 4 CPUs, each CPU being up to 480Mhz, and handle up to 3GB
> RAM.  I am assuming that "normal" U2 RAM will work in such a beast.

Essentially the Cycle Quad is an E420R in sheep's clothing. And my
take is that some instances of it take up to 4GB. It much depends on
how the boards are installed and such. The system will support up to
4GB (http://hw.tadpole.com/html/products/board/3200/specification.html)
but some oem chassis may not be arranged to allow the physical space
for the fourth bank.

Yes, it uses 200-pin ECC DRAM like everything from the SS10 through E450.
It is one of four systems that I know of that will take the 256MB dimms
(the others being U80/E420R/E450) but it will handle the 16meg dimms and up.

--Rob