[rescue] Lexmark 4049/Optra Lxn+ service manual

R. Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Sat Mar 29 16:40:17 CST 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 10:10:32PM -0500, Geoff wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can obtain a pdfed service manual for a Lexmark
> 4049 aka Optra Lxn+?  It is really jammed in the fuser assembly and I have
> no clue how to remove it.  Some sites (especially ones in Russian) seem to
> be selling these manuals on CD, but I do not really want to deal with these
> sort of operations.

Variations on the 4049 were sold under the IBM, Genicom, Data General,
and Unisys brands. The Sun Sparcprinter E has the same engine so it is
probably pretty similar. Check at http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/802/802-2639/pdf/

I worked on a number of 40x9's and don't remember there being any
trick to them. The 4019 had a corona wire while the later ones had
drums but that was it. Take photos at each step and keep a notebook if
you're worried about reassembly.

- Ross