[rescue] CS6400s on ePay

John Mothershead john at backyardtech.com
Mon Mar 24 10:22:28 CST 2003

Hi all,

 Maybe a bit of explanation on my part will help. I've talked to these guys
a lot. They need to get rid of them, they won't break up the lot. Maybe in
time they will.

 I tried to get enough interest to buy all 13, but only a few stepped up.
The major problem is the memory. I spoke with two manufacturers, engineers
not sales drones, and they would need to see a SIMM to be able to see if
they could fab one. The other problem is the unknown cost. 32 sticks per
board * 5-8 boards a machine. We'd have no problem meeting the minimum run
size, it's just the unknown cost.

 The other drawback people had was the 3-phase power. Unless you are really
special, you probably can't run this in your basement.

 Centurion Surplus has agreed to keep me informed as to the status of the
machines. I'd still be willing to help set up a group buy, go up and view
the machines, arrange shipping etc. Shipping will probably be more than the
$1000 cost of the machine. I just can't warehouse these indefinitely.

It's ironic. Here's a machine I have been looking for, for quite a while.
Along it comes, and there are just to many.

John