[rescue] Clariion Arrays...

Paul Hortiatis ph009j at mail.rochester.edu
Mon Mar 24 03:07:07 CST 2003

I have a Clariion 2800 Array that was rebadged by SGI, they have also been
sold with Clariion and rebaded by HP.

I have the PowerPC processors in mine. Ive done a lot of reasearch into
getting mine working, I have with an old version of the LIC. I have seen
some talk about them on the list, (thats how i found the list) and so i
figured some of you would apreceate finding out more about the arrays...

Of the companys who rebaded the arrays, as far as i can tell the hardware is
identical, and so is the LIC which runs the arrays. So the pecular behavior
that that each companys rebaded arrays, some won't work with other drives
wich is the most frustrating, is realy just a setting in the software on the
array. There are a bunch of options that the setting changes, and i don't
know what they all are, i do know that auto tresspassing and posably the
suported raid levels that will be enabled, but most importantly the ability
to bind "unsupported" drives is turned on and off with various settings.

In my SGI array i put a newer IBM 1" dirve with a SCA to 50pin adapter in
the can and got it to bind the disk with in certain modes.

I havent' had enough time to compleatly explore what the settings are, and
plan on doing so in the comming weeks.

If any one who has one of these arrays functioning could email me off list i
would like to know what "mode" it is running in and what OS is on your host
computer. It will help me to form a list of compatabilitys and modes.

The second thing i'm looking for is any one who has the software used to
manage the arrays through the scsi buss. It is the only way to upgrade the
array from a firmware file.

Paul
ph009j at mail.rochester.edu