[rescue] Stuff For Sale

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Mar 23 12:48:41 CST 2003

Trying to turn some of my extra equipment into cash ASAP, here's the
big Mr. Bill Garage Sale.  Prices on everything are negotiable.  Let me
know if you have any questions.

Bill

- Linksys/NetworkEverywhere NR041 broadband "router" / NAT box.  Has a
  4-port 10/100baseT switch build in.  Lets you share a broadband connection
  among multiple computers.  Retails for $50; I'll take $35 (shipping
  included).  Used for about a month before work gave me a PIX 501.

  More details:  http://www.networkeverywhere.com/products/nr041.asp

- Cisco ATA 186, "Analog Telephone Adapter".  In conjunction with a SIP or
  H.323 gateway, this lets you use a normal telephone over an IP network to
  make VoIP calls.  Used with Vonage (www.vonage.com) for about a month and
  a half; should also work with Free World Dialup (www.pulver.com/fwd) or
  iConnectHere (www.iconnecthere.com).  $55, shipping included.

  More Details:  http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/as/180/186/

- Aspen Systems "Alpine" rackmount server.  Alpha CPU (21064), 275Mhz.  Has
  at least 64M RAM, I'll throw in another 64 if I can find it (uses true
  parity 72pin SIMMs).  Has 4G SCSI HD and a SCSI CD-ROM.  Currently has the
  ARC firmware installed (lets you run NT/Alpha or Linux/Alpha); with a $20
  SRM firmware chip from Aspen, you can run NetBSD/OpenBSD/Tru64/OpenVMS.
  I'd like $100 plus shipping.

  Pictures:  http://weblog.mrbill.net/pictures/computers/alpine-alpha/
  User Manual:  http://www.sunhelp.org/pdf/Alpine.pdf

- DEC AlphaServer 2100.  Dual EV5 Alpha CPUs (21164), 275Mhz.  Has 512M RAM,
  SCSI CD-ROM drive, floppy drive, DAT tape, and two StorageWorks shelves
  full of hard drives (with hardware RAID controller).  Has both SRM and
  ARC/AlphaBIOS firmware; can run Linux/NetBSD/FreeBSD/OpenBSD/Tru64/OpenVMS.
  Has DEC PCI video card and a DEC 10/100base-T ethernet card installed.
  I've got the new backplane to upgrade it to a 2100A (less EISA slots,
  more PCI slots) but havent installed it.  Can go up to quad CPUs, but I only
  have two installed.  System is large and heavy (deskside), so local pickup
  in Austin, Texas is preferred.  Asking $300/OBO.  Can also part this out.

  Pictures / User Manual:
  http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/archive/2100/
  Documentation:
  http://h18002.www1.hp.com/AlphaServer/archive/2100/2100_tech.html