[rescue] CPU speed question

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Sun Mar 23 10:10:58 CST 2003

One of these things is not like the other:

http://www.nonken.net/images/cpu0.png
http://www.nonken.net/images/cpu2.png

Stop me if I'm wrong, but I'm reasonably certain that CPU 2 is not running
at 16,777,291,000,000 Hz. I'm certainly not getting the kind of performance
from my box that would suggest that it is.

So I have to assume that this utility actually means that CPU 2 is running
at 16,777,291 Hz.

So, the minor bug in the display code aside, my question is: why is my
second CPU running at 16.8 mHz instead of 75, like it's s'pozeta?

If it's actually running at 75 mHz, which I kinda suspect it is, why am I
being told otherwise?

I suppose I should power up Blanche's um, SPARC box and see if it gives
similar results, but I can't find the damned video adaptor. I know I've
seen this before, but I'm not sure which box it was on.

---
Reality is a crutch for those who can't handle science fiction.