[rescue] roadrunner

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Mar 18 15:36:26 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Is anyone here using RoadRunner to connect a real computer (i.e. not
> a windows box) to the rest of the world?

BTDT.

> I need to front-end a RoadRunnerconnection with a NetBSD box running
> NAT and service proxies and I need to know what their pipe "looks" like
> from the ethernet jack's perspective.  Anyone have any info?

Well, from here, it looks like being plugged into a small LAN with an
address pool about the size of a /26 or so.  You'll send out a
DHCPDISCOVER packet and get a reply from someone in 10.0.0.0/8.
Occasionally, you won't get a sane default route, so it may be useful to
compute your own.  Your router is always:

  (($IPADDRESS & NETMASK) | 1)

--
Jonathan Patschke  *) "Saying 8MB of RAM doesn't do as much anymore is
Thorndale, TX      (*  like saying a gallon of water holds more than it