[rescue] roadrunner

Mark Price mark at tqhosting.com
Tue Mar 18 15:33:08 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Is anyone here using RoadRunner to connect a real computer (i.e. not
> a windows box) to the rest of the world?  I need to front-end a
> RoadRunner connection with a NetBSD box running NAT and service proxies
> and I need to know what their pipe "looks" like from the ethernet
> jack's perspective.  Anyone have any info?

I'm using it just fine.  They gave us a Motorla Surfboard modem, which has
a USB and 10/100 ethernet port.  Plug into the ethernet port, DHCP, bam,
you're up and running.  However, I understand they have used different
configurations in different service areas.  If you want to connect a
different MAC address to get the 'public' RR IP address, you need to reset
the modem by unplugging it for a minute.

Mark