OT: Links under Solaris was Re: [rescue] SS5/110

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Tue Mar 18 13:33:57 CST 2003

FWIW, (Yes, I know this is WAY OT.)

If anyone should be interested, I got Links to gimme back my blue
channel by hacking up x.c:

Line 1137:

		case 196:
                        x_driver.depth = 708;
		case 452:

Line numbers are based off of 2.1pre9.
(http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/links/)

It apparently mis-calculates some little constant based upon bpp, and
display depth. This forces it back to what it should be.

This will probably only work on a SunBlade 100, running Solaris 9, but
you should be able to get the idea.

David