[rescue] pls forgive dumb TEST msg, and a q conc. OSX + G3/300

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Mar 18 08:25:36 CST 2003

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 01:46, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> Sorry about the dumb test message!
>
> I have a question about a possible rescue of a PowerMac G3/300, model
> type M4405.
>
> Is this zippy enough under OSX ?  I won't be doing anything but SSH,
> email, OpenOffice, web browsing.
>
> How much RAM should it have (currently has 128MB on one stick).

Sorry for the plug, but if you're not going to run any "typical Mac OS X task"
such as photoshop or movie editing, why don't you drop it altogether and try
another OS like Linux or Netbsd. You won't miss anything on the web, OOo runs
OK on 128 megs, and you will end up installing an X server on osx anyway if
you're going to run X apps remotely.

--
Frank Van Damme
http://www.openstandaarden.be