[rescue] Dual display O2

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Mar 18 02:07:24 CST 2003

Hi Lads

I picked up an interesting ex-lease system today, a multi-head R5K O2. The
dual display feature is implemented via a small option board that plugs
into the space where the presenter-card or flat-panel interface card
normally sit. It has two HD15 sockets and outputs 1280x1024 on both ports.

I've never seen this option before but the IRIX implementation seems pretty
slick (the system disk wasn't wiped by previous owner[1]). The extended
desktop works flawlessly.

I overpaid a little for it (230USD for 200MHz R5k, 320MB, single 4GB, audio
module) but it makes an excellent little workstation. It appears to have
been a student access system at a polytechnic. Once I work out how to
extract the licenses for Maya, Photoshop, Pagemaker et al I'll be very happy.

Regards,

Gavin

[1] System came configured as athena.whanganui.co.nz