[rescue] LX serial woes

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 20:25:33 CST 2003

--- Koyote <koyote at koyote.cx> wrote:
> Okay, so I'm obviously missing something- I have 2 LX machines, and
> neither of them can I connect to with serial. I'm using my old
> jornada 720, but the same config and cable and etc. that I just
> reverified works fine on my utra1.  I know that there are some
> oddities involved with the a/b combined serial on the LX, but I'd
> thought that serial A was just bog standard and all the excess
> pinnage was devoted to serialB.

Electrically, everything will be as you expect, and since it works on
your Ultra 1, I think you already knew that...

I tried to set up a VT525 terminal on my E250 and had nothing but
trouble - what OS are you running?

My issue was that the serial ports under Solaris 9 (and I have every
reason to believe earlier releases were similar) *initialize* the
serial ports, but don't enable them for use... Could this be your
problem?

I had to enable non-console root access, then remote desktop into it,
run admintool, and see what was going on (I'm not a command line
wizard)...

=====
Lionel

http://webhosting.yahoo.com