[rescue] almost have an UE1, advice?

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Thu Mar 13 19:06:45 CST 2003

I got a case off Ebay for my Ultra 1, supposedly just a case, no cables,
but it has all the wiring harness including the SCSI backplane. (which
is good, because I was contemplating all external drives.)  Now that I
have a case, I realize that the motherboard needs some kind of mounting
plate, which I don't have.  Since this is now the only missing piece, I
am impatient.

First, does anybody have one of these mounting plates to spare?  And if
not, I am contemplating a couple options.  I could just lay some
insulating plastic under the motherboard, spacing it up to proper
height, or I could drill the bottom of the case and mount some standoffs
at the mounting hole locations.  Any opinions?

Tim