[rescue] HP-UX laptops on eBay

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Thu Mar 13 16:32:42 CST 2003

>Also of note would be the apparent lack of built-in optical drive and the
>external scsi connector...i.e. is it hdi-30?  or something else hard to
>adapt or is it hd50... what..?

 Well, why would you need a cd-rom? It's not that you use it that often.
There's a nice schematic at:

http://www.openpa.net/systems/il/pbook-sch.html

 Looks like standard hd50 to me. HDI-30 is actually easy to find, these are
also used in apple powerbooks. The only thing I don't like is the
serial/parallel/AUI port, that definitely looks non-standard to me. It also
would be nice if I could use the docking station to attach PCI cards, but
that's probably wishfull thinking.

>Sounds fishy, however, if they ended it early.
>or... did someone buy all 36 with buy-it-now?

 Probably, maybe the same buyer was buying all those laptops recently on eBay.
The seller has very good feedback and comes from a physics department, so I
believe it will be allright.

  greetings,
   Michiel