[rescue] HP-UX laptops on eBay

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Thu Mar 13 16:20:44 CST 2003

>> Indeed.  I'd say only that 1. Battery isn't guaranteed [probably doesn't
>> work or has very poor life] 2. 32 bit proc family so no 64 bit 11i.
>>
>> Andrew
>Ok, went to buy one and the seller ended the auction early....8-(

 Yes, it certainly looks like that. Maybe he got a nice offer for the whole
lot. Or else you could try to mail him directly, but I think you're out of luck.

 When I went to the check-out option, I saw a message that there are still 35
laptops left, so somebody else (from rescue?) got one too probably. However in
the last two weeks precisionbooks are showing up fairly frequently (about 2 per
week) but they are almost immediately bought with BIN.

 I'm not too worried about the batteries, I have two good battery packs
including one external from my Thinkpad N40. And I can always replace the
cells. Btw, does anyone know if there are any wireless 802.11b cards that are
supported under HP-UX 11.0? There were people from Symbol technologies at work
today claiming their cards had drivers for ALL operating systems, I think I'm
going to call them back tomorrow about AIX 3.2.5 and HP-UX 11.0 drivers :).

  greetings,
   Michiel