[rescue] SPARCstorage array 1010

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Mar 11 11:46:41 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Chris Powell wrote:

> What is needed to connect a SPARCarray 1010 (SPARCserver 1000 box
> disk array with up to 30 drives) to a SPARCstation/server?

An old (25MB/s) FC-AL sbus card and a length of fibre.

> I need a fiber channel SBus card and fiber cable, what software
> (SPARCstorage Array, Volume Manager?) is needed?

It's included with Solaris 2.4 (I think) and later.  There's an option
for the drivers (SPARCStorage Array 1xx) in the Solaris installer.  To
the upper levels of the OS, the SSA 1xx looks like 30 discs spread
across 6 SCSI channels.

http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/get.html

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "They're like candy for your ass."
Thorndale, TX      (*                       --Doc Shipley