[rescue] Cool new gadget

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Tue Mar 11 10:37:16 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:33:13 -0600
Steve Hatle <shatle at nfldinet.com> wrote:

> I think I can help- I have an Otrona, given to me by a former
> co-worker, and it came with media. It boots to DOS, I believe, though
> it's been ages since I've fired it up. On the good side, I know
> exactly where it is, so getting reacquainted shouldn't be hard.
>
> Assuming I can, I'd be happy to make copies of any media I have and
> send them along.
>
> As a historical note, the guy I got it from was one of the original
> developers of the "Reader Rabbit" line of software, and apparently a
> good chunk of that code was done on this Otrona.
>
> I'll loop back after I dig it out in the next couple of days.
>
> Steve

I would appreciate that, I opened mine up, and it has the z80, not the
8086 upgrade card, so if yours boots to MSDOS it most likely wouldn't
boot mine, but I would like a copy of your media anyway, let me know
what you want for the effort.

On the hardware side, I lack the keyboard cable, not a problem, because
it is just 4 pin modular plugs, but it would save me trial and error if
you could look at yours and see if it is straight through or flipped, or
something weird.

Anybody with info on the "Otrona Expansion Interface Adapter" card I am
curious about what signals are on that connector.

Tim