[rescue] Cool new gadget

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Tue Mar 11 07:56:31 CST 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:41:37 -0500
"Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:

> 5.25" disks, right?  Just about every CP/M computer with 5.25" drives
> had its own unique disk format.  The Otrona may even use hard-sector
> disks; I can't remember.  We had one at Crosstalk, I think, but by the
> time I got there, CP/M was dead as a hammer and it was in the morgue.
>
> I'm sorry to say that all my CP/M stuff is gone.  I had almost nothing
> on 5.25" disks, anyway, and I'm sure anything I had would have been
> some other format....
>
> I really hope you got a boot disk.
>
> -Shel

Nope, I have a machine and it lights up.  I haven't opened it up to see
if it is actually a z80 or if it is the 8086 card I read about.  The
disks are supposedly a 360K capacity, but I don't know whether they are
1 or 2 sided, and if they are hard or soft sectored.  I will hopefully
get a chunk of time this weekend open it up, and see what I have, as
well as to check out the TRS80 Model 1s I got out and put on the dining
room table last weekend.  I've developed an 8 bit itch lately :-)

Tim