[rescue] FC-AL GBIC's

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 10 12:54:15 CST 2003

On Monday, March 10, 2003, at 01:49 PM, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> So I need a pile (5-20) of Sun Fibre Channel GBIC's. Anyone have a
> supplier?
>
> These look to be the ones I need, but IIRC the Vixel ones are less than
> stellar....

   I've heard that several times, but I've been using four of them for
~2 years with good results.  I got them before people told me to avoid
them. :-/

> Same with FC-AL PCI cards. I was looking at the Qlogic 2[1,2]00F's any
> recommendations?

   Depends on the machine/OS you want to run it in.  The Qlogic cards
are supported by the BSDs...I'm running a QLA-2100F in my AS4100
running NetBSD/alpha v1.6.  The Emulex LP-7000 and LP-8000 are really
sweet and have good Solaris drivers.

        -Dave