[rescue] 3com Switch Power Supplies

Geoff geoff at hasker.net
Sun Mar 9 11:55:46 CST 2003

I need more ethernet ports in my house and have decided that managability
would be neat to play with, so I have been looking at 3com Superstack 3300s
on ebay.  I am just worried about a dead power supply.  I looked around
3com's site and googled a little, but I cannot find anything on replacement
parts.  Is there anywhere I could get a new PS or would I be stuck if it
went dead?  Supposedly some of the switches have lifetime warranties on
everything but the powersupply, but I cannot ascertain if they are
transferable.  I do not want this to be like my Ultra 30, where for the
price of a power supply, I could almost buy a new machine.

Thanks for your input,

Geoff

geoff at hasker.net
http://www.hasker.net (Under heavy construction, after a failure.)