[rescue] interest in RS/6000 591 systems/parts?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 6 20:30:30 CST 2003

> On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, r. 'bear' stricklin wrote:
> > By a rough show of shouts, is there any sort of interest at all?
> I'd be interested, if shipping won't break the bank.

Same-o same-o here...bear, Dave McGuire's in FL, JP's in TX
and I'm in MD.  You've probably got three takers at least if
the RS/6000 boxen are a reasonable price with shipping.

Probably worth posting some ballpark stuff to the list once
systems are available--that might help flush some other
folks out of the woodwork.

Sridhar (or anyone else) -- please give me a rough equivalent to
these boxen for regular (non-FP) stuff on the Sun scale, if there
is one.  That might help me convince one other person around
here that they really need one.  Thanx.

  --Rip