[rescue] what to ask for an Onyx?

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Thu Mar 6 11:16:49 CST 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 11:20:14AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

> >> Oh, that's nearly worthless.  Just donate it to some random recent
> >> college grad.
> >
> > I was planning on trading it for an Indigo2 or Octane to somebody who
> > will give me an account on it :)
>
>    I'll give you a very beefy Indigo2 (R10K/195/MaxImpact...as beefy as
> they come) if you give that machine to Josh.  It's up to you to get it
> to him, though. ;)

How about you give the I2 directly to me since it is a machine I could
actually afford to keep powered up in an apartment?

And err, well I'm not sure how that helps Walter here though.

Hmm, don't you need a nice onyx for running visualizations on the data
kicked out by your J90s?  I mean, you have a J90, you have a S/390,
seems to me that you need a rack Onyx to complete the set (and HIPPI to
interconnect it).