[rescue] SS5/110

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Mar 6 09:26:27 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> You run SAS?  What do you do with it?

At the moment, I'm trying to learn it.  The SAS administrator left for
greener pastures, and we'll be under a hiring freeze for the next two
years.  So, I just inherited SAS and MVS as things that I'm responsible
for knowing well enough to keep things running smoothly.

So far, I'm impressed with what it can do.  I still can't seem to wrap
my brain around the programming language syntax.  One of the SAS guys
says it's a lot like FORTRAN.  I don't really see it, though.

Anyway, after I learn it, I'll be responsible for moving data between
the mainframes and the Sun boxes.  I might write an Apache log analyzer
in it, just to be perverse. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "They're like candy for your ass."
Thorndale, TX      (*                       --Doc Shipley