[rescue] SS5/110

Carl-Johan Schenstrom cjs at bluebox.pp.se
Thu Mar 6 09:19:34 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> > It's perfectly usable on my diskless U1E/170 while sharing 256 MBs of
> > memory with StarOffice 5, xterms, Emacs, etc. I guess a valid conclusion
> > is that "enough" is highly subjective.
>
> Maybe if I compile my own with some of the needless fluff stripped out,
> it'll be okay.  However, the binary tarball from mozilla.org is slothy.

I use a precompiled 1.1[1]. Their 1.2 needed Forte-compiled GTK, IIRC.
It's not as zippy as Mozilla on my eMac but still very usable, nowhere
near 10 sec reload times. Kinda stable too..

//cjs

1. I've tried to compile Mozilla once, probably at around version 1.0 or
so. I don't want to do it again. Compiling GCC 2.95 on my Indy didn't take
as long and Mozilla's build scheme isn't friendly at all (at least not to
me).