[rescue] SS5/110

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Mar 6 09:07:01 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> > It's painful on my Ultra 10/440 and my Octane R10k/195.  Draw from that
> > what you will.
>
> Wierd.  How did you compile it (optimizations and debugging wise), and
> with what compiler?

Then again, I suppose I should qualify "painful".  To me, "painful"
means that it pegs the CPU at 100% for about a minute while launching,
and for about 10 seconds while switching pages, and 15 seconds while
doing tab manipulation.

All this while SAS 8.2, DrScheme, and XEmacs barely make a peak in
xload.  SAS is something I would consider a -really- heavy application.
It Should Not be made to look slim by a network-enabled document viewer.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "They're like candy for your ass."
Thorndale, TX      (*                       --Doc Shipley