[rescue] Origin 200 - flaky serial console

P Nutton Paul.Nutton at awe.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 04:26:59 CST 2003

On 05 Mar 2003 21:10:28 -0500 Dan Sikorski wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 03:30, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
> > I am going to construct a mini-DIN adaptor so I can connect
> to the MSC and
> > check for chassis warning codes, but that will take a few
> days (RS didn't
> > have the part I needed in stock).
>
> Hehe, i am in the middle of making one of those.  Couldn't
> find one for
> my sun cp1500, ordered what i thought was the right cable, but when i
> picked it up it was a mini-din to mini-din cable, not
> mini-din to db25.
> So i'm in the middle of making one myself.

Are these the same as were used on the IPX/LX, Sun part number 530-1662? I
have a box full which I picked up at a car boot sale (what's the US
equivalent, auto trunk sale?) which I recognised as we used to run a load of
IPXs. I knock these out on epay for UKP 1.00 each (USD 1.50) plus shipping,
one every month or so. I am quite happy to let list members have a few for
shipping only, contact me off list (Shipping would be from the UK, so US USD
2.00, EU EUR 1.50, UK 41p).
--
Paul Nutton, sysadmin, AWE plc.
"Tech still has the shelf life of a banana. It will quickly

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.