[rescue] Re: Re: J90 on epay

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Mar 3 19:16:11 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 18:09, Larry Snyder wrote:
> Sorry if I confused anyone.  And it may have been onsale or one of the
> others (long dead) that did that.  It mimics a real in-person auction
> a bit closer than the clock-based model.  OTOH, the bidding proxies
> break that model anyway....

Well, the model was broken even before that by having auctions that last
for days.  It's a different thing entirely.  Although, i'd tend to agree
that having the auction not close until 5 minutes after the last bid
would be beneficial for the seller, and overall make the bidding a
little more fair.  But that would render my sniping tactics useless, and
i'd probably end up paying more for the stuff i bid on.  Since i buy on
ebay, and don't sell, i kinda like it the way it is.

	-Dan Sikorski