[rescue] cgsix (TGX) into SS 1 ?

kirilka kirilka at macrules.ru
Mon Mar 3 16:42:57 CST 2003

hi all

I would like to revive  SparcStation 1+.
It's in working condition (64 MB RAM, boots into NetBSD, telnet works, but i
don't remember my password after 2 or 3 years it spend in closet).
The problem is - it hasn't video card - i have used it over console.
And i don't have any computer at home with serial port today (PowerMac and
iBook).
I have SBus video from SparcStation 5 and tried to install it into 1+. But
display (Sun 17") doesn't come up, green light on display panel only blinks
for a second; STOP-N doesn't help.

It's cgisix, TGX, 501-2325 -http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/images/501-2325.jpg

Maybe it just doesn't work in older Sparcs?

--
I meant "0", not "O", (but read the man page).