[rescue] Re: Re: J90 on epay

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Mar 3 16:06:40 CST 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 02:21:04PM -0500, Larry Snyder wrote:
> Robert Novak <rnovak at indyramp.com> wrote:
> > I think that it
> > > would be better for auctions to end something like 5 minutes after the
> > > last bid after the set ending time.
>
> IIRC, this was the default in epay's Early Days (TM).

Please be careful with the attributions. I didn't write that this would
be a good idea... I wrote that Yahoo used to do something similar to this,
and might still do so.

I don't think I've ever seen eBay do this. I'm pretty sure they weren't
doing it when I started playing on eBay in 2/97.

Have any of you guys done much on Yahoo or Amazon auctions? I think I'm
registered for both, but haven't gotten around to selling on the them.

--Rob