[rescue] WTB: Ultra-class System

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 3 13:30:23 CST 2003

> build an axmp based clone in a 4u chassis, stick in whatever drive you
> choose??

That would seem to be a ludicrous answer if all Mike originally
wanted was a way to put a big SCA disk on a FDDI network--and
he specifically said that he didn't need CPU.  I think that an
SS/20 + a 611 case is probably *much* cheaper (like an order
of magnitude) than your AXmp solution--and probably satisfies
Mike's requirements almost as well.

> The path to a desireable destination
> is often more difficult than the path to stay where you are.

One of the thing that makes such paths more difficult (in my
experience) is when I ask for help on a mailing list and someone
suggests things like "a beowulf cluster would do that".  Okay,
so what?  How about a real-world solution?

</sarcasm>

  --Rip