[rescue] WTB: Ultra-class System

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 3 12:41:09 CST 2003

> I need an Ultra-class system with CPU and F/W (or
> better) SCA SCSI that can take a 1.6" disk. [...]
> So I'm looking for a Ultra 1
> Enterprise/Creator, 2, 30, 60, or any clone system
> that will work.

To my knowledge, ain't no way you're getting a 1.6" (HH)
disk into an U2 internally.  U1 will take one in the
bottom slot (only); 30/60 chassis should be able to take
2 HH disks.   U1/U2 can't have anything better than
F/W SCSI for the internal SCA drives without major
hardware surgery; another alternative would be
an U/W SCSI card plus a 611 closed-front external
disk chassis (takes 1.6" SCA disks, I have one with
a 34GB disk resident)  Comments from anyone?

I have a U1/200E that's pretty loaded-out right now,
but I could re-use most of the parts you might not
want (C3D card, 4x128MB DSIMMs, 18GB 1.6" disk).  Make
me an offer offlist for the parts you really want if
you're interested.

  --Rip