[rescue] Help ressurecting a "dead" Wyse 60 terminal...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 15:05:18 CST 2003

--- "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:
> I'd love to pitch mine, but no one in the county will take an old TV
> or anything else with a CRT in it.

I just saw a DEC terminal manual (for the VT420, IIRC) that discussed
disposal of a bad CRT - they said that you should take a pair of
pliers, snip off the little "encapsulation" "nub" and release the
magic. An uncompressed CRT is probably not a problem.

They also mentioned putting the tube in a box, with just the "yoke"
exposed...

see VT100.net for further info...

=====
Lionel