[rescue] Help ressurecting a "dead" Wyse 60 terminal...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 13:27:25 CST 2003

Hello all,

I have a "stored good" WY-60 terminal that I want to use as a system
console on a headless server, but the thing looks dead:

- It was known good (by me) before it was put on a shelf for 4 months

- It powers up when power applied, but all three keyboard lights stay
  on (num lock, caps lock and scroll lock) after beeping twice

- Actual sequence is power on, longer beep, all three lights on,
  scroll lock light turns off, short beep, then scroll lock turns on,
  then nothing

- The screen is "dead" - no lightness/glowing, checked in a dark room
  (to confirm it was not on, but *real* dim)

I've checked the brightness slider, makes no difference, and there
appears to be no other outwardly visible adjustment for me to
manipulate... Ideas?

I'd rather not pitch this, but without a display, the value to me is
minimal...

Thanks in advance,

=====
Lionel