[rescue] Perverse Question

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Fri Jun 20 13:16:21 CDT 2003

> That technique was known when I was working at the bank, in the early
> seventies; I think it was mentioned in some book about
> "Computer Crime."  Of
> course, it also provided what plot there was in the famous
> movie "Office
> Space."

<snip>
> -Shel

	Why is it that everytime this scam is brought up everyone runs to
office space as the example. the original movie example is from Superman III
(http://us.imdb.com/Title?0086393) ! Richard Pryor learns to program and
does this to Evil Geniuses ( Not Lex Luthor this time) bank, where upon he
notices and takes him under his wing. Then Superman is broken in two by a
mixture of synthetic kryptonite and cigarette tar. then he does battle with
the invincible super computer and destroys it. Actually it is a pretty bad
movie, but it is funny to watch for the one scene were richard pryor get's
his forst check from the scam and freaks just like they do in office space.
Watch out for the rest though, it has a 4.5 raiting on IMDB and probably
justifiably if I remember correct.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org