[rescue] The other question...need Amiga advice!?!

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Mon Jun 2 08:19:08 CDT 2003

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 12:29:58AM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:

> These would be PAL units with 240v power supplies and UK plugs. They really
> are not worth the effort of shipping them to the USA and then making them
> work. They are probably not even worth shipping around the country, because
> stock A1200s really are still as common as paving slabs, and about as
> interesting because you really need an expanded one to do anything much
> beyond playing games on it.
>
> I suspect NTSC units with 110v supplies are worth the effort for you, but I
> don't know a cheap source of them. The usual USA based company suggested on
> the newsgroups is Software Hut (www.softhut.com) which suitably annoys us in
> the UK :) I don't see them listing A1200s, but you never know...

When I see A1200s for sale, they are easily sold for well over $100, and
last I looked, they tended to be more like $200.  Remeber, they were
never as common here as they were there.  PSU issues would be easy to
over come.  I'm not quite as sure about PAL issues, but a scan doubler
and VGA adapter should be an easy workaround.